Monday, August 26, 2013

Easy Living - Nancy Wilson / Morgana King

Easy Living is one of my favorite songs. I like it, aside from its beautiful melody, for the lyric. It tells of a no holds barred kind of love that can be both romantic love as well as familial or friendship - a deep bond. I am always searching for different versions of this tune. Here are two of my favorite interpretations. The first is an earthy jazz tinged reading by the beautiful Nancy Wilson - love her. The second is a lush ethereal interpretation by the great Morgana King. The visuals are the way I see this song. I've made it personal. Enjoy.


                                   

4 comments:


  1. That was so beautiful...many memories of the happy days. The music was wonderful too. Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I have always loved this song actually a Billie Holiday standard.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this on my timeline. I always remember Dad playing Nancy Wilson records. They were probably yours. Takes me back in time, yet the music itself is timeless. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad did keep much of my records when I moved to NYC. I'm glad he played them.

      Delete