Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Grateful - A Thanksgiving Carol

Thanksgiving is really the perfect holiday. It carries little to no baggage - no religious or political issues, no debates over its meaning or strong opinions on how to celebrate or even decorate. It's really about what it says THANKS GIVING. So we celebrate by eating until we burst. Some of us watch football, serial nap or talk a happy blue streak. IT'S ALL GOOD. But, I find as I "age" - I do all the above and end my day with contemplation - just reviewing what gives my life meaning. When I was young, it was things and events and career. But now - now - its people - yes, just people................

                                                 

4 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful. mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!! That was beautiful. We are grateful for our family. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Love Jeanie & Gene.

    ReplyDelete